Friday, October 29, 2010

Trick or Treat or Terror

Today I volunteered in what might have been the most terrifying event of all time: kindergartners go trick-or-treating.

My friend Megan Rolland Schrader and I volunteered to take a group of kids from the school across the street through our office. They brought the whole kindergarten and split the kiddos into groups. This is Megan and me with our group:


Adorable, yes? And terrifying. I think I might have said "Only take one!" about 16,000 times. This one precious little girl immediately doted on Megan. She wanted to hold her hand and stay by her side. That left me with the other 78 kids. Or maybe, like, 10. Either way, it was a lot of kids. They were so hilarious. Every time we rode the elevator, they screamed at the top of their lungs and just laughed and laughed when we got off. They were so excited about the candy that they could hardly contain themselves. They wanted us to check out their haul in their bags after every floor. There was plenty of running and yelling and going out of turn, and when I got back to my desk, I was absolutely sweating. But it was so much fun! And no one was lost or injured. Hooray!

No comments:

Post a Comment