Friday, October 8, 2010

Almost time to say goodbye

In a shocking development, Mia is turning into a big girl.

Her days in the infant room are numbered. This is a mixed bag for us. On the one hand, we're really excited that she'll be spending her days with big kids who do big kid stuff, like run, eat at the table and say lots of words. On the other hand, we're really sad that she won't have her amazing teachers any more. I snapped some photos of her with them. The first is of her main teacher, Miss Persephone. The second is of the assistant teacher, Miss Joanna.

Mia loves them both, and we'll be sad when she isn't in their room any more. Leaving your child in someone else's care is so difficult. You know nobody can love your kid like you can. But I feel like Persephone and Joanna have been her moms-away-from-home. They have taken such good care of it. It doesn't make going to work fabulous, but it makes it a lot easier knowing two women with such good hearts are taking care of her.

2 comments:

  1. Aww this makes me sad. She looks so content and happy with them. But you know she's going to have a riot with the big kids! She is going to LOVE it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I could put Kahlan in a fabulous day care. She's in a decent place, but I don't feel the same way about her caregivers as you do Mia's. Sadly, I can't even remember their names!!

    ReplyDelete