Thursday, October 21, 2010

Tiny and healthy

Mia had her checkup today and we learned two very important things:

1. She is a wee tiny child.
2. She is totally healthy.


Mia has always been small. Whether it's logical or not, I've always worried that it's because I had to give up breastfeeding earlier than I wanted. (I had to take medicine when she was about six months old that wasn't OK for breastfeeding.) People often say, "Oh! She's so little!" I know people don't mean anything bad by it, but it's still hard to hear.

So I told the doctor at her appointment about my concerns. This was our conversation:

Me: "I just worry about her. When I look around the room at her daycare, she's the littlest one there."

Our doctor: "Carrie, when you look around the room at other adult women, are you the shortest one there?"

Me: "Oh, right."

So never mind about that concern. Turns out, she's just going to be a little person like her mom.

2 comments:

  1. Awhhh, she is cuteness no matter what size she is.

    Who knew that motherhood would be such a guilt trip. We've noticed an indention in Kahlan's head that has me worried that A. She really got bumped on the way out the birth canal B. I hit her head some where on a door and didn't know it C. Someone dropped her at day care.

    But the doctor says it's okay and she won't be affected by it. Just need some hair to cover it. She apparently will never be able a beautiful bald lady.

    ReplyDelete