Monday, July 4, 2011

Johnson family reunion

Oh my word. We had a family reunion. It was the first time the Johnsons had all been together for many years, so it was fantastic to see everyone (and all their kids). There were so many kids! They were crawling around everywhere!


There was plenty of picnic fun.

Then it was time for photos. Boy, the Johnson family - we love photos. The first groups were the Johnson kids (my mom's generation) and the grandkids (my generation).


Then it was time for the great-grandchildren (Mia's generation). Mia and my cousin Liz's little boy weren't too excited about this prospect. Her husband handed their son to the oldest child. My plan was to drop Mia off, run away really fast and leave her sitting perplexed just long enough for my aunts to snap the picture. Well, that did not work. I love that you can see the progression: drop, fit, all the other children staring at Mia freaking out off camera.

OK, so that didn't pan out. But she did OK in the family group photo.















After a few hours in the heat, we decided to take Mia home for her nap. She was winding down quickly, so we figured it was best to get out ahead of any pre-nap calamity. This is what happened before we made it out of the parking lot. Fun times had by all.


No comments:

Post a Comment