Wednesday, June 1, 2011

We eloped!

OK, just to be clear, Leigh and I are already married. But we figured that what better tourist attraction to do than get married in Vegas!

We went to the most famous plan, the Little White Wedding Chapel. It was the same place where Britney Spears got married, along with a bunch of other celebrities. We wanted to, you know, keep it classy.

We showed up about 11 p.m. and paid our $65 to get married ... again. It was really a vow renewal because we didn't want to walk down the block to pick up a marriage license. (Because - of course! - you can marriage licenses until midnight in Las Vegas.) Here we are before:



And here we are after!


Even though I didn't cry during our real wedding, I actually cried during this one. We thought it would be hokey and silly - and, let's be honest, it was - but it was really special saying wedding vows again. It was really, really fantastic. This time, I cried.

2 comments:

  1. Jared and I so wanted to get married in Vegas.... but we opted for the more traditional wedding. I have to say, this looks like so much fun!! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You guys are way too cool!! I love it!!

    ReplyDelete