Monday, September 20, 2010

Two years ago

Two years ago today I married my best friend. Saturday night Leigh and I went to Musashi's, courtesy Mia's hilarity. It was amazingly delicious.

The greatest soup of all time. Really. I think there was an international vote.
What Leigh was really looking forward to about our anniversary: the onion volcano.
All full and happy after dinner.
Monday morning I discovered this note as I shut the front door on my way to work. I cried. Surprising, I know. It was so cool. (We're having the front door painted this weekend, so Leigh didn't randomly decide to write notes on the house in permanent marker.) 


Thinking about the past two years, I've learned so much about Leigh and about myself. Leigh has been an amazing partner, and he has stood by me through so many difficult times. I've learned that he is here for real. He's not leaving. And I'm blessed to be married to someone as smart, kind and hilarious as he is. Thank you, Leigh, for being the best person I know.

No comments:

Post a Comment