Tuesday, September 7, 2010

It takes a sewing village

OK, OK. I'm not trying to brag, but I'm going to brag. Look what I made!


Sometimes I can be domestic. Yes, I can. For example, last Christmas I felt morally obligating (and happy!) to make Mia a Christmas stocking, which I promptly lost amid all our travel luggage. This year I plan to actually hang it up for Christmas morning.

This year I felt compelled to make Mia a dress for her upcoming first birthday party. Of course, I had help from my mom and Aunt Debbie, but nevertheless, I picked out the material and pattern and sewed this baby up! I made it for Mia's birthday party. Hooray!









2 comments:

  1. I'm impressed! I think I need to take up sewing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! You are so impressive. I think we're in the same boat on the domestic stuff. I've got the cooking down, but sewing freaks me out. But you kicked it in the face. :)

    Emily

    ReplyDelete