Sunday, September 26, 2010

The smash cake that wasn't smashed

Mia had her first birthday party Sunday and it was absolutely fantastic! It was pretty small - just with a few close friends and family. But it was so fun! She wore her dress that I made her. :) We had cupcakes, and I made a great big one for her. (Apparently mini-cakes for kids to demolish are called "smash cakes." Just FYI in case you're confronted by a super-hip mom who gives you a vocabulary quiz. I would fail.)

Here are the pictures. Get ready, people. There are a million.

Mia is the daintiest cake eater of all time. This was the height of the craziness. Everyone watched her as she sort of pinched off teeny tiny bits of frosting. She didn't even really try the cake part. Oh, well. I ate it for her in the car.





Great-Grandma Sue tries to show her how to do it.

Mia is adorable in her little dress and shoes! These photos document the 2.4 seconds she was actually wearing her cute little Mary Janes.

Escape!

I specifically told everyone no presents. And then everyone got angry with me. Mia received some very, very nice gifts. :) Thank you to everyone!




Our family with my grandparents.

My Grandpa Dean arrives after an extensive tour of Oklahoma City.

Playing with leaves with Aunt Kay.

Mia inspects her hilarious witch hat, which we expect her to wear into adulthood.

Mia checks out her monkey toy. I like this picture because it looks like she has a mullet. Never fear. It's just the hair of the girl holding her. :) 

Falling in love with the Grouchy Ladybug from the Petersons.


Mia started playing with he rtoys within 3.2 seconds of getting home.
If you have any pictures from the party, I'd love to have them. Thanks! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment