Thursday, August 19, 2010

Someone broke into our house

It was me.

I was running late and rushed out of the house without what? Keys. Of course. Leigh was already gone, so it was just me. There was absolutely no way he could come all the way back home to open the door.

So I had to break back inside on the first day I wore heels with a skirt since my knee surgery.

I kicked my heels off on the porch and circled around back. Luckily, I was in such a rush that I forgot to close our bedroom windows and turn the air on for the dogs. I had an in. But first I had to rip out all the thorny vines in my way. I climbed up onto our air conditioner, carefully balancing my knees on the edge so the center wouldn't cave in. I pushed open the screen.

The window sill was covered in dirt on the outside, dust on the inside and bugs in the middle. I was already going to be insanely late, so I decided I didn't have time to iron another shirt. I peeked around and for once was grateful for all the greenery that we can never keep at bay. No neighbors' windows were visible.

I pulled of my shirt, flung it in the window and took a nose dive through the frame and onto the bed. All that remained was my bare feet sticking outside.

Mission accomplished. I'm a ninja.

No comments:

Post a Comment