Friday, June 4, 2010

Tipsy for $4

So I accidentally got tipsy today before lunch.

We visited the oldest wine farm in South Africa and went to a wine tasting, which cost R28 - about $4. I admit it - I got a little tipsy. It was an accident. The wine was OK, but I have to say that I enjoyed the wines at our Vilakazi tasting better than these. (The Vilakazi wines were super good!) Leigh, Jade and I all tasted the most expensive wine on the list just because it was the most expensive. We agreed it wasn't the best. Or maybe we aren't the best wine tasters.

Afterward we went to Hout Bay and ate more seafood. The area is beautiful. Pastel houses dot the mountain sides. Boats fill the harbor. The setting sun painted the cliffs pink. It was like a living postcard. This is the place to have seafood, so we've been having as much as we can. It was a nice early birthday celebration with Leigh, Jade, Jill, Mia and me. It was fantastic until the very last moment - when Mia threw up all over Leigh and me. It was so sad. She felt so sick, but she's such a good sport. She just smiled and carried on the rest of the night like she was fine. What a sport, as always!

Tomorrow is the big Jacobs braai where Mia will get to meet everyone for the first time. It should be fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment