Friday, June 25, 2010

Changes at work

When I left work for vacation, a lot was still up in the air after the layoffs. I wasn't sure what I would find when I got back. We're all taking on more, of course, and I left before all the dust had settled. So this is what has changed:

The metro columnist positions are gone now, so that leaves Bryan Painter and me as state columnists. My column has changed from running four days a week in the metro section to running twice a week statewide. I'll be doing a lot more regular reporting, mostly trying to help out with the metro sections as much as possible.

I am really excited about this change in my job. It opens up the whole state as subject matter instead of just the metro. This will be fun finding new places to write about. I can write more columns than two per week if I want; it's really up to me. I feel like I have a blank slate and can choose my work. I am really grateful for these changes.

No comments:

Post a Comment