Monday, May 9, 2011

State of doom

I have decided that Texas is a state of death. Why? Because on the way there we almost hit a 300-pound hog running across the highway in the middle of the night. It looked like a ghost. Creepy. And then the next day we went looking for alligators. And then Nancy told us about all the people attacked by nature that she sees in the emergency room. We're talking snake bites and other nastiness. Then we saw vultures on my dad's front lawn. All of this was a stark reminder that we are not at the top of the food chain, my friends. I wrote a column about the dangers in Oklahoma.

1 comment:

  1. a HOG?!?! lol

    Funny, but glad you didn't hit it.

    There's soem weird kind of animal there that one of my coworkers almost hit a few years back. I'll have to get the name of it and get back to you.

    ReplyDelete