Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Mia's first Hunker Down

Mia got her first introduction to Oklahoma weather today. A rash of horrible tornadoes struck the state, killing people throughout the city. I have to say, it was the most afraid I've been since living here. We left our house and stayed in Megan and Andrew's basement. It was Mia's first real hunker down, and she was great. I think she thought it was all a great game where all the adults got together to watch her run around. After it was all over, we were so grateful to be safe and have a home to go to. Mia, on the other hand, was exhausted from all the excitement:



1 comment:

  1. Glad it all worked out ok. Tornado warnings scare the crap out of me. Kahlan's day care is a tin shack. States should require all day cares to have tornado shelters. I could barely work during the last one because I was so worried about her ( they tend to move up along the Interstate, hitting our town first before getting to us)

    ReplyDelete