Friday, May 6, 2011

Play team on the beach

Leigh and I have two goals when we go to south Texas: visit my parents and eat a ridiculous amount of seafood. Check and check. My stepmom, sadly, can't eat shellfish, but she's such a good sport about ordering steak while we eat 87 pounds of shrimp. We went to a place called Bubba's right near the gulf and ate the best shrimp boil I've ever had. It was incredible. We ate until we looked pregnant. A guy sitting at the table said it best to his wife: "I'm going to eat like a pig, drink like an alcoholic, and then I'm going home and going to bed."

After we wrapped up all our food, we drove along the ocean. The weather was perfect, and we even found a playground.


After playing, we decided to take Mia's picture with us and my parents. That's when we learned a valuable lesson: do not try to photograph your child on a playground unless they're actually playing. They're completely not interested in anything that doesn't involve playground equipment. At all. They don't care about lighting, sunsets, scenery. If it isn't a teeter-totter or a slide, it's horrible.

No comments:

Post a Comment