Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Ignoring an Olympian

I was so overwhelmed by Mia eating her foot on Valentine's Day I forgot to share what Leigh and I got one another. He gave me two framed pictures of Mia. Each one has a little thought bubble. One picture (the third one here) says, "Mom, mom, mom, mom, mommy, mommy, mommy, mommy, Carrie, Carrie - I'm watching you!" The other one says, "Mom, remember why you are working so hard! I love you!" I cried. Of course. Because that's why I do.

After that really sweet gesture, I gave Leigh this picture of myself:


What the heck is that? Rumble the Bison, the Oklahoma City Thunder mascot. Where the heck are we? My office gym.

You see, I was downstairs in the women's locker room because that's where the private room is for women who pump breast milk. So I come out of the locker room and Rumble is using the Pilates machine. I do a double take and leave the gym because my brain can't process why an NBA mascot is working out in full attire in my company gym. I saw Bryan Dean at the elevators and told him what I saw. I said I wanted to go get an autograph for Leigh, who is a huge Rumble fan. Bryan said, "Go do it." So I did. I went back to the gym. By this time, Rumble was using the stationary bike and I realized there was a camera crew. They were filming a commercial for an upcoming health fair. I waited patiently for Rumble to finish up and he gave me an autograph and took a picture with me. I felt kind of silly but I was excited to get it for Leigh.

The next day I realized that Rumble was with someone - gymnastics star Bart Conner, who's married to Nadia Comaneci. He was in the commercial as well.

So basically, I was like, "Forget you, gold medalist! I'm not impressed with your Olympic medals or your impressive career or you fame! I'm interested in the guy that looks like Teen Wolf!"

Yeah. Happy Valentine's Day, Leigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment