Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Shake, Rattle 'n' Pants

When I picked up Mia from daycare today, she had no pants.

She had just fallen asleep when I arrived, but I pulled her blanket off anyway to take her home. Her teacher, Persephone, laughed when she saw my face. She then explained that the teachers eventually just gave up on Mia's pants today. Mia loves her rattle pants. A little too much.


Apparently Mia had been so excited about the rattles in the feet of her pants, she was pulling her pants off and either eating them or flinging them around. So the teachers decided that rather than risk some kid losing an eye to Mia's pant flinging, they'd just give up and let her spend the afternoon pantsless. Mia seemed content, so it was OK with me. Better to wear no pants at all than to swallow them whole.

When I got her home she immediately did the same thing. She squirmed out of her pants and stuffed them in her mouth. Apparently rattle pants are delicious.

No comments:

Post a Comment