Friday, September 30, 2011

Welcome, Alfie and Carin!

First of all, let me just say that I failed at taking pictures of Mia with her grandparents. Mission: failed. Nevertheless, we were so excited that Leigh's dad and stepmom came to visit us for the very first time! They moved to New Mexico this year and so we're hoping to see them more often now.

Mia and I went to pick them up at the airport. Let me just say this: do not take a 2-year-old to the airport. Don't do it. Ever. Two-year-olds are fast and they have no regard for "DO NOT ENTER" signs. I was terrified she'd escape and flee through security and then be tackled by the TSA. It was honestly the first time as a mother that I wished I had a leash.

But thank god - thank god! - she was distracted by the pay phone for a long time.


Then it turns out that we didn't show up at the right time, so Alfie and Carin rented a car and went to the hotel. Leigh took off a half day and we spent the afternoon visiting downtown and seeing the sights. We stopped at Alfie's favorite place: Bass Pro. Leigh and I discovered this:


Why yes that is camouflage lingerie. Classy. Then we all went to Pops, a fantastic restaurant on Route 66, for Mia's birthday dinner. She enjoyed the hot dog. I enjoyed the 10 minutes she was still.

No comments:

Post a Comment