Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Firetruckz!

Some days are better than others.

For example, the day you think your house might be blown to smithereens because of a gas leak is probably one of the days that isn't as good as others.

Long story short, everything was fine. And a fire truck even came to our house!



So Mia and I were out and about for a couple hours, and when I got home, the house smelled. It didn't smell like rotten eggs - the telltale sign of a natural gas leak - but it didn't smell right. It smelled like something was burning. I set Mia on the floor, rushed to the kitchen and found nothing. I ran into the bedroom to see if I left the iron on. Nope. I couldn't find anything.


I decided it's better to be safe than sorry, so I put the dogs out and took Mia outside, too. I called 911, and a fire truck got to the house within a minute! Four firemen dressed in their full gear went into our home for a look around.


The result? Nothing.


"Sometimes old houses just smell funny," one of them said.


Really? That's the verdict? Our house is stinky. Awesome.


But they were so nice and helpful. After they checked everything out, they told us to have a good day and then they hit the road.


Well, we surmised that someone was burning something outside near our house. The windows were open in the back half but closed in the front. So maybe smoke drifted into the house but couldn't get out.


Or we have an old, stinky house.

1 comment:

  1. Oh man, and now you documented the humiliation for Mia to read when she's older. (Ok, that was an attempt at humor). Glad everything turned out all right.

    ReplyDelete