Friday, September 9, 2011

A big day for Carrie!

Tonight was a pretty exciting night! I had the chance to put my photos up for sale in a real store in Oklahoma City! I started a little side business recently called Africa Affection Photography. I'm selling some of my favorite photos from our trips to South Africa.

This summer, I got some great encourage from my Aunt Barb while we were visiting her and my grandparents in Iowa. She's a professional photographer, and she shot our wedding. She really knows her stuff. She I got some great advice and encouragement from her, and I just went for it.

Long story short, I've sold two photos! ha Big sales! It has been very exciting. (And, as a side note, I've decided to give 10 percent of the purchase price of all my photos to Vilakazi.) Our friend Marc has a booth at this awesome store called Bad Granny's Bazaar in the super-hip Plaza District in northwest Oklahoma City. And he's letting me sell some of my photos there!

I guess that was really a long story long. But anyway, it was an exciting night to put my work up for sale! Fingers crossed someone buys at least, like, one picture. ha

1 comment:

  1. Carrie! Your photos are amazing! I love the wildlife pics! I want to order one from you!!

    ReplyDelete