Monday, November 29, 2010

The Jacobs on Ice

It's a rare occasion when I can do something better than a one Leigh Jacobs. That's why I was so, so, so excited to go ice skating. You see, Africans don't often go ice skating. I've only been maybe five times in my life, and this was still four times more than Leigh had been. It was a small victory for me. I've been waiting for payback since the first time Leigh and I went to the batting cages when we were very first dating. Leigh hit line-drive after line-drive, while I struck out repeatedly. I'd been playing softball since I was 5 years old. Leigh had been playing softball since that very minute. Jerk. So, really, this ice skating trip saved our marriage.

We went with our friends Ian and Jenny. They're from Michigan, so of course they are super amazing at ice skating and then claim that they're "not that good" before doing synchronized double axles. They were so nice and helpful. They had much better manners than I did. But by the end of the night, Leigh had the hang of it. I was still faster. Take that, husband!

No comments:

Post a Comment