Sunday, May 2, 2010

That burger is huge!

Mia got to go to her first El Reno Burger Day yesterday, despite the fact that she still doesn't have teeth. She was excited about the prospect of having some sauce from our cheese fries. Here we are heading to downtown El Reno.



Burger Day is always a delicious, eye-opening affair. It's the only place in America that Coke and Pepsi haven't conquered. Unfortunately, no moon pies were to be found.



While standing in line for a drink, I spotted this classy biker's jacket. Seriously, when I die some day, I hope I have friends who love and miss me enough to put my name on their jackets. However, I hope that patch doesn't describe me as fallin', though maybe that might be appropriate right now. And I hope my memorial patch isn't next to patches like these:



Aside from that weirdness, we had a lot of fun. Mia enjoyed the live music.





















Leigh and I enjoyed the friend onion burgers. I'm a big fan of the big burger - a 750-pound monster that is absolutely delicious. Normally I don't condone mustard and pickles, but this is an exception. It's so good! I also gave this nonsense a try:


Leigh was a little leery, but I talked him into trying it. The Oreos were fantastic! The Twinkies - meh. As we walked out we saw this on display at the car show:



I'm pretty sure it was a sign from God to never go to back to Burger Day. In the end, it was an exhausting day with Leigh carrying the baby and me limping around. But Mia was the first to conk out.

No comments:

Post a Comment