Tuesday, December 1, 2009

She's a super (health) freak

Mia had her two-month check-up today, the day after she turned two months old. The doctor said, and I quote, "She's the healthiest baby I'll see all day. I really mean that." I was so proud!

Yes. She's a health nut.

She weighed 10 pounds even, which is holding steady in the 10 to 25 percentile range. The doctor said she's strong and is developing normally.

She had four vaccines today - one was oral and the others were shots. I had been dreading this. I couldn't look - I could only hold her tiny arm and turn away. She was calmer than I was. She cried a little after her first shot, but she was over it before the nurse gave her the second shot. The same happened between the second and third shots. The nurse told Mia she was one of the bravest babies ever. Well, I'm glad one of us wasn't scared.

No comments:

Post a Comment