Wednesday, December 9, 2009

She's a rebel

So today when I picked Mia up from daycare I got some startling news: she's been kicked out.

That's right. Our 2-month-old baby girl has been expelled from daycare. Why? She doesn't take enough naps. It was the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard. I didn't know a 2-month-old baby could be given the boot. She's a baby! Little babies don't have sleep schedules yet. Because she doesn't nap along with the other kids doesn't mean she should be kicked out. Apparently it's not cool with the babysitter that Mia hangs out in her crib and watches a mobile while the other kids sleep. Like Mia knows that from 1 to 3 p.m. is nap time.

As Leigh says, "That's my child! She's a bad ass!" As Green Day says, "She's a rebel. She's a saint. She's the salt of the earth and she's dangerous."

I think this babysitter is taking naps of her own and is mad that she has to stay awake with Mia.

So now here we are - three weeks away from when she'll be in daycare for good - without any plans. Great. But I'd rather start looking for daycare all over again than have this crazy woman take care of my kid.

No comments:

Post a Comment