Tuesday, November 10, 2009

A Time to Play

Mia played for the first time today. I think. I'm pretty sure. Like, 90 percent sure.

We were sitting on the couch and I was reading her The Sneetches so she could learn all about how we're all the same, regardless of star-bellied status. She had her feet on my thighs and she pushed really hard, straightening out her legs. I cheered for her. She let her legs slack out. And then she straightened her legs again. I cheered again. "Can you kick again?" I asked her. And she did! It was so exciting! Then I was really cheering! She did this over and over for probably five minutes, which I thought was a long time for a baby. She eventually smiled at me. It was so great!

I think she knew it was a game. If she kicked her legs out, I would cheer for her and give her smooches on her little hairy head. Eventually I think she wore herself out, so I hugged her and hugged her. I was so proud.

I'm pretty sure that was all play. Or else she was trying to karate kick me and is just too little for it to hurt yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment