Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Artist at work

I really love some of the things I get to do for my job. First and foremost, I'm lucky enough to get to write about whatever I want for my columns. I try to pick things that are interesting, weird or otherwise wouldn't get in the paper. Taking Mia along is a bonus for some of those times. Today I had the chance to take Mia to a children's art class at the Oklahoma City Museum of Art. It. Was. Fabulous. The teacher was fantastic and the other kids were sweet. (One mom was a little upset about the snack - Nilla wafers and a juice box - because she had never given her 2-year-old son juice in his entire life. Really, lady?)

We got to take a short walk through the museum's main gallery. Mia's favorite part was climbing into an arm chair that was near the end. So much for the art. Then we went back to the classroom and did some finger-painting while listening to classic music. How cultured is that?

The art extravaganza went way better than my idea of taking her to an aerobics class last week. (Click here to read my column about that.) I'll write a column about this outing, too. I'm so lucky.


No comments:

Post a Comment