Saturday, March 12, 2011

Aztec ruins

OK, first of all, the Aztec ruins weren't actually made by Aztecs. So let's just get that misnomer out of the way. No Aztecs in Aztec, N.M.

We went to Aztec Ruins National Monument with Carin and Alfie.

Want to go somewhere of religious and historical significance? Take a toddler. It's a super great idea.

Mia spent the morning trying to escape off the path. We can only presume she planned to topple the ruins that have been standing for hundreds of years.

And this is a picture of us down in the kiva, which is sort of like an underground-ish house. Kind of. I think. It's just the ghosts, Mia and me down there. Creepy.


So 80 percent of our morning was spent wrangling our child, as evident by our family portrait. She looks like she doesn't even know us. Good times.

On a related note, I got a national parks passport! My Uncle Russ and our family friend Bobbi each have one, so I picked one up and got my first stamp. Wooo!

No comments:

Post a Comment