Saturday, March 19, 2011

8K to save the day!

Today some friends and I ran an St. Paddy's Day Great Race of the Great Plains 8K! That's 5 miles, people! It was so exciting!

Here we are before the race, from left: Susanne Temple, Christy Watson, me and Megan Rolland.


Leigh and Mia came to the race to watch me, which was so motivational. Leigh snapped this picture at the very beginning. Look how full of hope I am! It was great to get out some race-day jitters; maybe I won't freak out for the half marathon.


Here's Megan, my defacto running coach and the education reporter at the paper. Look at her, kicking so much butt! The picture kind of makes it look like she's running from the police. Keep going, Megan! They'll never take you alive!


Here everyone is at the end of the race. Everyone waited an extra HALF HOUR for me to finish! It meant the world to me! They are all super fast, so it was such a great feeling to see the three of them, plus Leigh and Mia, waiting for me to cross the finish line. Awesome!


Here we are after the race. Mia didn't actually run the 8K, but she wanted to be in the picture. She was the least sweaty.


And seriously: God bless Leigh Jacobs for watching Mia for more than an hour while I plodded along.

No comments:

Post a Comment