Monday, July 5, 2010

Peek-a-boo to you, sir

Since my surgery I can only take a bath (with my knee out of the water) until my little wounds are healed up. So Mia has been a helpful lifeguard in this endeavour.

Tonight we discovered something pretty funny: Mia has learned how to play peek-a-boo at the peeker. While Leigh was helping her stand, she pulled the shower curtain in front of her until I couldn't see her and then whipped it back, revealing her giggling self. She did this over and over. She knew the score. We couldn't stop laughing, and that made her laugh at us.

Then we decided she could take a bath in the tub as well since the bath was full. (Normally she's in the duck.) The moment she hit the water this incredible look crossed her face. She wasn't excited or scared. She was intense. She had lots of splashing to do RIGHT NOW. We couldn't even hold her well enough to make sure she wouldn't fall over with all the hardcore splashing. Her arms and legs were churning nonstop. Her face didn't flinch. It was all business. So I think we'll wait to move from the duck to the big people tub until we can have a better hold on her. But it did make us think maybe she needs a little pool for the summer.

I don't know if I mentioned this or not, but I finished uploading videos from our trip. I went back and put them in with the corresponding dates, but if you don't want to flip back through the blog, go here. This is probably my favorite of them all:

No comments:

Post a Comment