Friday, April 12, 2013

Sometimes famous people say hi

Long story short, a few weeks ago, the SeaWorld penguins came by our office. I was super incensed that I missed it, even though I am clearly not on the penguin beat as an education reporter. I harassed the features editor for not taking me along on her random adventures in the office.

Today, though, she nabbed me on her way up to our video studio so I could get a chance to meet John O'Hurley and Christopher Rich.

It was a ridiculous geek-out moment for me.

Never mind that Christopher Rich has been a television actor for as long as I've been alive. Never mind that John O'Hurley was Elaine's boss on Seinfeld or that he's been in lots of shows and movies before and since his most famous role.

I was super excited because John O'Hurley used to host Family Feud. I love game shows, but I didn't have the nerve to blurt out, "My favorite thing you did was host a game show!" So I just quietly said thank you and moved in and out.

Play it cool, Carrie. Play it cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment