Friday, November 25, 2011

The 64-cent dress

I pride myself on getting good deals, but today was my great shopping coup d'etat yet. This dress cost 64 cents.



Leigh and I love Black Friday, and we buy more than just Christmas presents during this crazy shopping day. But this year, Black Friday was even better than usual. We got amazing deals on things we really needed, namely really good winter coats for Mia this year and next year.


But this dress was the absolutely best.


How do you get a $34 dress for 64 cents? Well, I found a $5 coupon in the paper good for any clothing at Sears, even sale items. So you better believe I found something on the sale rack. Well, it was 75 percent off normally. Then add 30 percent MORE off of that because it was Black Friday. Subtract my $5 coupon, and that comes to a grand total of 64 cents.


The cashier: "Would you like to apply for a Sears credit card today? You can save ... 6 centers."


Me: "Um, no thanks."


Booyah! Take THAT, holiday shopping!

No comments:

Post a Comment